We harp on Friday Night Lights and how special of a time it is, and this Friday truly was a great representation of what all the hype is about. There were buzzer beaters. There were PRs. There was so much cheering. And there was Dave Matthews Band. Here are some highlights:
- Ari Romano stood up his only clean at 12:00 on the dot! Tyler and James came out of nowhere, threw his weight on for him as he stepped up to the bar. True teamwork right there.
- Who PR’d you ask?
- Sadie hit a 155# power clean, 15# more than her pre-surgery lift!
- Whitney hit her pre-surgery PR at 135#, which is 15# heavier than she’d ever done post-surgery!
- Val Harmon PR’d by 10# at 115# and did it despite her bad day at work. #athlete #gainz
- Jess Rhodes has always done step back burpees, and mentally had to make herself jump back with two feet. She got all of them with zero no-reps!
- Frank Brown rolled in at 7:15p to compete alone at 7:30p. He warmed up a little, people lined the wall to watch, we cued up some requested Dave Matthews Band, and he got to work. He finished his last barbell facing burpee at 11:55, went for the clean while everyone lost their minds. For the full story, check out our Instagram post! It truly was heroic.