18.5 is over. The Reebok 2018 CrossFit Open is finished. We did it. We made it. Dave Castro did not defeat us. We will survive. Here are the 18.5 highlights:
- Andi Lozano scaled on Friday, and came in Monday to bust it out RX. She wanted to get past the round of 9 and got to the pullups on the round of 12.
- Shannon Frawley got her first chest to bar during warmup, and then did 4 more in the workout!
- Jordan Elder’s goal was to hold his spot in 10th, and he absolutely did. Check that leaderboard, Jordan!
- Kim Hernandez’s goal was to get to the round of 12. She got to the round of 18.
- Haley and Whitney were tied going into 18.5, and Whitney pulled out two extra reps to push her ahead. Both performances were truly heroic!
- Gerry Flynn got a whopping 64 reps, fell asleep immediately after, and then told his doting wife that “maybe 3 glasses of champagne at brunch weren’t a good idea”. Brunch so hard.
- Justin made it to pullups in the round of 21. Need we say more?
- Haley Hall is sooooo cloooooose to a muscle up we can taste it. Keep at it, Haley!
- Steven Harmon got his first bar muscle up!