Refuel Recipes: Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Cinnamon Sauteed Pears
We’ll spare you the graphic recounting of what happened in last night’s episode of Girl Makes Huge Life Decisions on “Live” Television for All The World To See, Plus a Rose and get right to it. Because nobody should have to wait to make these pancakes. Initially, I was a little skeptical as I am not the biggest fan of cottage cheese on its own. However, these turned out really great. The cottage cheese makes the pancakes light and fluffy and the vanilla adds a tiny hint of sweetness and flavor. They are the perfect vessel for your favorite pancake topping and are quick and easy to make.
Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Cinnamon Sauteed Pears
(Adapted from food.com)
Serving size: 1 Pancake | Number of servings: 12
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories – 337.1 | Fat – 7.4g | Carbs – 32.5 g | Protein – 31.4 g
Prep time: 15m | Cook time: 5 minutes
For the Pancakes:
- ½ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup of cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 4 egg whites
For the Cinnamon Sautéed Pears:
- 2s large pears
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
For the Pancakes:
- Blend all pancake ingredients together in a blender
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Ladle a small portion of the batter into the skillet to create “silver dollar” style pancakes. Cook a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite topping and enjoy!
For the Pears:
- Peel, core, and slice pears into ½” slices
- Place pears in a non stick skillet with oil, water, and cinnamon
- Heat over medium-high heat, stirring, until softened and caramelized, about 10-15 minutes
- Serve over pancakes and enjoy!
- Add a scoop of protein powder to the pancake mixture for an additional protein or flavor boost.
- Replace the pears with mixed berries, apples, bananas, or even peaches to mix up your fruit topping game