Roasted Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Butternut Squash and Spicy Sausage
One-pan roasted sweet potato gnocchi with spicy Italian sausage, butternut squash, and tomato basil pesto — also known as: your next dinner.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (Makes 5 Servings):
Calories — 198
Protein — 16g
Fat — 7g
Carbs — 20g
Ingredients + Instructions
Here’s what you need:
1 12oz package Bilisnki’s Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage Links
1 16oz package frozen cubed butternut squash
1 package frozen sweet potato gnocchi (we used @cappellos, but can’t avoid hearing about @traderjoes)
1/4c-1/2c of your favorite tomato basil pesto
Italian seasoning, to taste
A drizzle of avocado oil
Here’s what to do:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Evenly slice your links in half-inch diagonal discs, and add to your pan.
- Open your squash and gnocchi and dump into the pan.
- Drizzle your goods in a bit of avocado oil, and mix to coat. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and mix to coat again.
- Pop in the oven for 13-15 minutes, until the gnocchi is plump and lightly browned and the squash and sausage are warmed and slightly browned also.
- Dollop or mix with your pesto. Enjoy!
- We tossed in some extra frozen colorful sweet potatoes for more veggies. Our butternut squash is not purple.
- Start with 1/4c of the pesto for the entire pan and add more as desired, working 1-2 tablespoons at a time, careful not to overdo it and wind up eating one giant pan of salt and fat.
If you want access to tons of recipes like this one, plus the warm embrace of a nutrition coach helping you hit your health and fitness goals, book a free consultation with one of our nutrition coaches today! Our nutrition program, Refuel, is proven to help get you from where you are today, to where you want to be. No gimmicks. No tricks. Just quality, compassionate coaching, attainable and sustainable goals, and, of course, results.