Turkey Burger Bowls
Ba-da-ba-ba-ba, we’re lovin’ it.
Nutrition facts per serving (per 4 oz portion of turkey):
Calories — 148
Protein — 29g
Fat — 4g
Carbs — 2g
Here’s what you need for the turkey:
3 lbs lean ground turkey (we used 99%)
3/4 cup vegetable or turkey broth
3 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp paprika
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Here’s what we used for the bowls – but this your meal prep my dude:
10-20oz greens of your choosing (we used a mixture of Bibb and shredded iceberg), torn
5-6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 red onion, diced
3 bell peppers (red, yellow, orange), diced
1lb of carrots, diced
1 cup pickles of your choosing, diced
1 cup shredded cheese of your choosing
A drizzle of the burger sauce of your choosing (we used Sir Kensington’s garlic everything sauce)
- Heat your olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Once heated, brown your turkey; gently chopping into bigger chunky crumbles as you go. While your turkey cooks, place all your seasonings in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Once your turkey is browned, reduce your heat to medium and pour broth and seasoning into the pan and mix well to combine.
- Let the broth, turkey, and seasoning simmer to cook down and get to know each other; about 10 minutes.
- Once the liquid has evaporated, remove your turkey from heat and assemble your bowls!
- Then meal prep the heck outta your week.
- Toss in a few baked fries or tots from your favorite frozen brand and you’ve got yourself a complete meal here.
- You could put literally anything in these bowls to adjust the flavor profile! Don’t want cheddar? Use feta for a medi vibe. Want different veggies? Do it.
If you want access to tons of recipes like this one, plus the warm embrace of a nutrition coach helping you hit your health and fitness goals, book a free consultation with one of our nutrition coaches today! Our nutrition program, Refuel, is proven to help get you from where you are today, to where you want to be. No gimmicks. No tricks. Just quality, compassionate coaching, attainable and sustainable goals, and, of course, results.