18.5 is over. The Reebok 2018 CrossFit Open is finished. We did it. We made it. Dave Castro did not defeat us. We will survive.
Here are the 18.5 highlights:
- Andi Lozano scaled on Friday, and came in Monday to bust it out RX. She wanted to get past the round of 9 and got to the pullups on the round of 12.
- Shannon Frawley got her first chest to bar during warmup, and then did 4 more in the workout!
- Jordan Elder’s goal was to hold his spot in 10th, and he absolutely did. Check that leaderboard, Jordan!
- Kim Hernandez’s goal was to get to the round of 12. She got to the round of 18.
- Haley and Whitney were tied going into 18.5, and Whitney pulled out two extra reps to push her ahead. Both performances were truly heroic!
- Gerry Flynn got a whopping 64 reps, fell asleep immediately after, and then told his doting wife that “maybe 3 glasses of champagne at brunch weren’t a good idea”. Brunch so hard.
- Justin made it to pullups in the round of 21. Need we say more?
- Haley Hall is sooooo cloooooose to a muscle up we can taste it. Keep at it, Haley!
- Steven Harmon got his first bar muscle up!
What are the standings?
The year’s Open was such a fun one. We had so many people dragging their feet on signups, dreading Friday Night Lights, not knowing what to expect, who then came to love every week.
You are the real MVPs.
There were a lot of firsts — first muscle ups, first double unders, first RX’d workout, first Open back from 2 years of injuries… but you know what’s neat? These firsts are exactly what they are: firsts. Not lasts. You guys (slash we all) grew substantially throughout this Open Season, and the tone it’s set for the remainder of the year is exciting!!
CrossFit is fun, but community is better. And we sure do have a lot of good people inside the walls of CrossFit Renew.
Now, rest! Recover. And get ready for a whole new Renew.