And we’re back with our final yogurt star of this month’s Refuel Recipes. Just to review, each month, we’re focusing on one key ingredient that’s both delicious and nutritious and teach you how to incorporate it into your diet simply and sustainably. This month: Yogurt, obviously, of the Greek or Icelandic family! (Wait, what’s the difference?).
I firmly believe that pasta is best served drenched in a decadent, unapologetically rich cream-based sauce. And if it weren’t for it being a direct threat to my vital organs, I would eat a heavy, creamy pasta for every meal, forever. So, if you’re looking for a creamy pasta recipe suitable for any ol’ weeknight, this might be your winner! 3 basic ingredients, 10 minutes from start to finish and totally customizable.
3 Ingredient Creamy Pesto Pasta
Serving size: ½ cup cooked pasta | Number of servings: 2
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories – 250 | Fat – 13g | Carbs – 21g | Protein – 13g
Prep time: 5m | Cook time: 5m
- 1 box Banza Chickpea Pasta (or any pasta of choice)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup pesto (I use Trader Joe’s vegan pesto, but any kind will work!)
- Chicken, parmesan cheese, fresh basil, chopped tomatoes or anything else you want to throw on top (not included in macros)
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions, making sure to salt the water well. Drain when pasta is al dente (aka when it still has a bite to it)
- Fold in the pesto and Greek yogurt, being careful not to smush your noods.
- Garnish with toppings of your choice. Voila! Pasta for 2 in under 10 minutes.
- Experiment with other alternative pastas like red lentil, black bean or whole wheat!
- This recipe is super easy to scale for bigger groups or easy to throw together for your family on a busy night.