A Nutrition Nugget with Lauren Bratcher, Nutrition Coach
Welcome back to Refuel Recipes! Each month, we’re gonna focus on one key ingredient that’s both delicious and nutritious and teach you how to incorporate it into your diet in a realistic, sustainable, tasty way!
In case you missed it, this month we’re highlighting: oats! This versatile little carbohydrate packs a big fiber punch and comes in many shapes and sizes. Before you dive into our second oat-centric recipe, look back at our first oat post to learn about the many amazing benefits of incorporating oats into your diet!
Our second oat-centric recipe is low-prep and high reward! This recipe is adapted from Healthy Steps Nutrition.
Serving size: ¼ cup dry oats | Number of servings: 1
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories – 278 | Fat – 6g | Carbs – 44g | Protein – 15g
Prep time: 5m | “Cook time”: Overnight (8-12 hours)
- ¼ cup quaker oats
- ½ cup milk of your choice (nutrition facts for original almond milk)
- ½ banana
- ½ tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup blueberries
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- Optional toppings to taste:
- Nuts and seeds (add after)
- Nut butter
- Shredded coconut
- Literally anything that sounds good
- Place all ingredients in a bowl or jar and stir
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Grab, go and enjoy!